Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 306|Reply: 4

FI9901EP FTP IMAGE OVERWRITE WEATHERSTATION

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-04-27 14:50:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I operate a weather station that requires ftp image overwrite.

I know many people that use FOSCAM for that feature and purchased a new FI9901EP becuase of it. When i setup my camera all the ftp images have a different name in snapshot. Where is this overwrite feature? Other people with FOSCAM's have this working, what am i missing?

Regards,

David

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-05-01 16:30:37 | Show all posts
Anyone know where this feature is?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-05-06 17:22:12 | Show all posts
bump, still cant figure out.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-05-09 07:10:32 | Show all posts
I bought an R2 and have the same issue, after about 10 back and forths with tech support I gave up, they said it can't be done because people need the history.  (my older Foscam did it just fine). It would be so simple to do either but they are being stubborn and won't listen to the customer.  my only recourse was two fold.  I have the camera FTP a file every minute, then I wrote some code for the webpage to append the time to the filename, to pull up the last minute.  It took some syncronizing, and luckily if you do snaps based on a schedule, if you do it every minute, each day start on the 00 second.  I then have a batch file that deletes all snapshots on my server that are older than 2 days, so I don't fill up the server.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-19 14:32:34 | Show all posts
If you are familiar with PHP scripting you can run a short PHP *on the server* to delete older timestamped files and rename the one newest file to drop the timestamp. See this thread http://community.foscam.com/foru ... &extra=page%3D1

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list