Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
Author: nigelcam

C1 & C2: No motion detection when behind glass

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-14 10:18:29 | Show all posts
Just to let you guys know: I'm also 'crippled' from this bug. Mine is a C1 V2, it seems to accept the patch (is there any way to check?) but action detection doesn't work through glass I'll also open a case with foscam.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-14 17:28:35 | Show all posts
Edited by nigelcam at 2017-06-14 17:29

See my post herefor screenshots from the Device Information page in the camera.
Unfortunately for the C1 there is not indication that the patch has been applied - Foscam didn't bother putting this in the patch code

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-16 08:58:53 | Show all posts
For those of you with the C1 V2 who think you applied the patch but it's still not working, you have to make sure it doesn't say "Fail" and then reboot on you.  After about 20 seconds it will fail but if you aren't sitting there watching it, you'll come back and see it rebooted and think it worked.  As nigelcam pointed out, there isn't an indicator either.

Could someone with the installed patch run a CGI command to see what the parameters look like?

IPaddress/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=getMotionDetectConfig&usr=?????&pwd=????

This is what I get on my V2 without the patch:
<CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    <isEnable>1</isEnable>
    <linkage>142</linkage>
    <snapInterval>2</snapInterval>
    <sensitivity>1</sensitivity>
    <triggerInterval>5</triggerInterval>
    <isMovAlarmEnable>1</isMovAlarmEnable>
    <isPirAlarmEnable>1</isPirAlarmEnable>

</CGI_Result>

Here it is with a V1 with the old Overlord FW:

<CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    <isEnable>1</isEnable>
    <linkage>14</linkage>
    <snapInterval>2</snapInterval>
    <sensitivity>1</sensitivity>
    <triggerInterval>10</triggerInterval>
    <isMovAlarmEnable>1</isMovAlarmEnable>
    <isPirAlarmEnable>0</isPirAlarmEnable>
    <schedule0>277076930207743</schedule0>

</CGI_Result>

I'd like to know what this patch actually does.  Does it just set the PIR value to 0 or is the configuration totally different?  When you install, do you get the extra checkbox in the interface to turn the PIR on/off?

I've tried to use the  /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setMotionDetectConfig to change the PIR to 0 but it doesn't seem to work.

Also, I've been exchanging emails with the tech support team about this issue so fingers crossed, we can get a V2 patch one of these days.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-16 12:18:47 | Show all posts
You sir, are correct! I do get a Fail, didn't notice it last time. Additionally I'm now running 2.52.2.43, due to the FW release with the security patches. Unfortunately, the problem remains.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
So far just getting the run around with tech support.

From tech5:
"Aiming at your problem, because your demand isn't our product's issue, we can't provide relevant patch.

But is you want to disable PIR, we can access your camera to do that.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Furthermore, is you want to disable PIR, please provide your region and available time."

My response:

"I disagree that this is my issue and not that of your product.  You put out a firmware upgrade to resolve a security issue with your product that also disabled the ability to turn off the Human Detection (PIR), which in turn rendered the use of this camera through glass useless.  Your manual even has pictures of this feature.
You have also put out an patch for the V1 units that unfortunately does not work for the V2 units.  All I'm asking for is the same service for my newer camera.  There are a bunch of other users out there just like me that would love to have this.  Read the Amazon reviews, people are saying to NOT buy this camera due to this PIR/Glass issue.  As far as remoting into my network to turn off the PIR, I'm not comfortable giving an unknown person this access.

I really like this camera and would like to keep it, and would buy more to use in different areas however cannot until this feature is restored via a patch.

Thank you for your time and helping resolve this issue."

I encourage everyone with this issue to open a ticket by emailing tech@foscam.com

Maybe if there are enough of us, they'll fix it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 5 day(s) ago From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thanks I'm getting the run around too. I copied your reply and sent it in. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Update from Tech Support-

Me:
"Any updates on this ticket?  This patch does not work for C1 V2 units. I need a patch to allow the motion detection to work through glass (PIR off) or this camera is useless for my application. Please let me know if you can provide this or if I should return this unit and buy something different. Thanks for your help."

Tech5:
"Aiming at your problem, because your demand isn't our product's issue, we can't provide relevant patch.
But is you want to disable PIR, we can access your camera to do that.
Sorry for inconvenience.
Furthermore, is you want to disable PIR, please provide your region and available time.

Thank you."

Me:
"I disagree that this is my issue and not that of your product.  You put out a firmware upgrade to resolve a security issue with your product that also disabled the ability to turn off the Human Detection (PIR), which in turn rendered the use of this camera through glass useless.  Your manual even has pictures of this feature.

You have also put out an patch for the V1 units that unfortunately does not work for the V2 units.  All I'm asking for is the same service for my newer camera.  There are a bunch of other users out there just like me that would love to have this.  Read the Amazon reviews, people are saying to NOT buy this camera due to this PIR/Glass issue.  As far as remoting into my network to turn off the PIR, I'm not comfortable giving an unknown person this access.

I really like this camera and would like to keep it, and would buy more to use in different areas however cannot until this feature is restored via a patch.

Thank you for your time and helping resolve this issue."

Tech:

"Thanks for reply.

C1 is indoor camera that's not designed to use behind glass/window.

For your case I've checked with R&D team newer firmware of camera no longer has path for PIR.
But we can still help you to disable PIR so camera can work.

To do so, please provide us below info at your convenience:

1.Team Viewer ID&password

2.Camera's IP address, username and password

FYI, our working time is GMT+8 Beijing time Mon-Fri 9am~6pm.

We'd be able to check it anytime at our working."

There is NO WAY I'm letting someone remote into my network let alone a computer on it.  I've officially given up on this.  I've moved on to a different camera (which has a better picture, software and actually works behind glass) and will be returning my C1 as well as posting a review that details these issues so that others will know not to purchase this unit if they are going to use it behind glass.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
DO NOT ALLOW REMOTE CONTROL OF YOUR PC TO FIX THIS:
Bigscience I totally agree with your decision to NOT allow remote control.
For any others reading this and offered a fix by Foscam only if you allow them remote control of you PC via TeamViewer (or any other remote control software) I STRONGLY recommend you do NOT to allow this as it breaks every IT security guidline by giving someone unknown unrestricted access to your PC and therefore all devices on your home network.  

Instead you should demand Foscam provide a firmware update to reinstate the functionality they removed when they provided subsequent firmware updates and that must be installed inorder to fix security bugs present in the original factory default firmware (which did have the option of disabling the PIR sensor so that motion detection would work without it and therefore would work if the camera is mounted behind glass).

If this is not provided return your cameras and buy something else.
(FYI I am and IT Professional with over 30 years experience in networks and data center design).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
I just wanted to comment here.,  I just Purchased a C2 from Amazon, and I also have mine looking through a double pane of glass.  I get TOO MANY alerts!  Just the opposite of everyone elses problem.  I did cover the PIR with a piece of Alcan Aluminum foil.   Completely did the trick for me.  My only issue is that under the IP Cam Client, I have no Playback Tab to review my alerts!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
RE Too Many Alerts:
1. Reduce your motion detection sensitivity.
2. Check to see if you have sound detection enabled as that may be triggering the alerts rather than motion.

RE No Playback:
Have you installed an SDCard and set this as your recording location?
If so then check you have enabled "Record" as an action when an alarm is triggered.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list