Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
Author: nigelcam

C1 & C2: No motion detection when behind glass

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-05-18 03:43:36 | Show all posts
Edited by chh at 2017-05-18 03:44

Hi all, I still think best chance to get an updated firmware that resolves these issues is to email tech@foscam.com  
So please do that if you haven't done so already.  The more people requesting it, the more likely they'll address it.  Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-05-29 21:29:36 | Show all posts
I  keep getting Result: Failed

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-01 17:14:42 | Show all posts
Hi All,
Apologies for not replying sooner however I had not been monitoring this thread.
OK so it seems a few people are having problems installing the patch so here are a some things you should check/try:

RE Check your firmware versions match mine before installing the patch:
I don't know for sure if the firmware versions have to match mine prior to installing the patches however it's probably safest to match since Foscam requested my firmware versions and made theses patches based on them.
IMPORTANT: To see the screenshots showing my firmware versions (and the patches I uploaded) on the 1st page of this thread here you must login to this forum else they are not displayed (just realised this myself). So if you are reading this forum as a guest you must register and login to see them - sorry I have no control over this.

RE Firmware updates:
Do not look for them at foscam.us as this is no longer the official site, instead always go to foscam.com.
The direct link to the firmware download page is here.  

RE Installing patch:
Make sure you are selecting the option to install a patch not the option to upgrade firmware.

RE Firmware and/or Patch install fails:
Try a "Factory Reset" on your camera before installing new firmware and/or patch.
  • Hardware method:
    Push and hold the WPS/Reset button for more than 10 seconds - the light will be red and blink every 0.4 seconds.
  • Software method:
    Click "Factory Reset" button found in the System page of the camera settings.

Let me know how you go.
Regards Nigel

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-04 04:30:58 | Show all posts
Thanks Nigel for helping us out even after your issue has been resolved.
I suspect the patch didn't work for me as my camera is C1 v2.  Will try the factory reset next weekend.

Another thing...how did you manage to get them to provide you with a patch?  All of my efforts with the support team resulted in them 'noting' the request and passing onto developers.  They didn't bite when I asked them for a patch.  Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-04 18:51:50 | Show all posts
RE C1 v2:
Foscam don't have separate firmware for the v2 on their download page so hopefully the patch may work for your v2 after a factory reset.
NOTE: Remember to have it at the same FW level I had then use the PATCH option to install the patch (not FW upgrade option).

RE How did you manage to get them to provide you with a patch?
I originally reported the problem in the foscam.us forum in July 2015 here (which was Foscam's exclusive US distributor until they started to sell direct) then started this post on their own (foscam.com) forum however like others I have been ignored for 2 years!
The breakthru occured when I emailed tech@foscam.com regarding an unrelated bug with their NVR's firmware (see details below) and during the several emails that followed I raised the C1/C2's IR bug.
It still wasn't easy as they insisted they wanted to remote control my PC to fix this and would NOT make a patch however due to my security conserns regarding someone unknown doing something unknown (they wouldn't tell me what they were going to do) on my network I could not allow this. Finally they relented and made a patch.
I still can't explain why they won't:
  • Acknowledge this bug.
  • Provide this patch on their official FW download site with a note that only those affected should apply it.

FYI: NVR FW bug re UPnP updates sent to Router
Current (as at June 2017) NVR FW updates Router's UPnP table only ONCE after 1st boot up.
This means if you are relying on UPnP to open ports on your router so you can access your NVR externally then you can no longer do this if you happen to power cycle your router untill you also power cycle your NVR. They recently released new FW for the NVRs but you guessed it... still not fixed!
So I have disabled UPnP on all my Foscam devices and manually configured port forwarding on my router.
Its more secure anyway since I no longer trust firmware to open ports in case they do something I'm not aware of.

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-06 05:02:34 | Show all posts
Thanks again Nigel.  Will give the factory reset a try before patching again.
My firmware is the same.
In hindsight, I should have purchased the lite version without PIR as that model works via motion detection.  And save myself some $ at the same time!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-10 08:58:39 | Show all posts
It worked!  The patch for the C2 worked in my situation and it can once again detect motion through glass.  Just wanted to say thank you to Nigelcam for your efforts and good luck to the others still trying to get this same issue resolved.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-13 12:22:59 | Show all posts
Thanks for providing the patch.  Unfortunately I can't get it to load on my C1 V2 either.  I did a factory reset and had it hard wired to the router.  It just runs for about 20 seconds and then says fail.  I have the exact same firmware as listed in the pictures.  Anyone else have this issue with a V2 or get it to work?  Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-13 17:55:37 | Show all posts
I recommend you (and all others affected by this firmware bug) log an official support ticket with Foscam by emailing tech@foscam.com.
Include all your details such as your:
  • Hardware version
  • Firmware version
  • The fact you have done a factory reset and tried applying the patch
  • AND also include the URL to this thread so they have all the background.

I was going to suggest that as a workaround you could enable alarm triggering based on sound detection however just checked the manual and found that the C1 does not support this feature :-(
If you get a firmware fix/patch please remember post back here to help others.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-14 07:51:09 | Show all posts
I also opened a ticket [Ticket#2017061443000379]

They are asking where I got this patch from as it is not official.  I pointed them to this thread.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list