Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
Author: lastat77

Plugins STILL not working

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-04-28 10:33:13 | Show all posts
I have the plugins 3.3.0.32 - no help. Sierra latest Safari Latest. Foscam seems to have no ability to fix this. WTF a plugin anyway? 2003 called, they want their technology back.

I have somewhat of a workaround. Buy new camera from different vendor. Install, works without plugins. Post experience to Facebook. Evangelize "do not expect actual resolution support from Foscam" and "forced to use totally old and unsecured plugin technology". IF that is what people are in the market for; they will love Foscam.

I guess I just have to give up and rack it up to another tech company stealing money. (they have my money, I have trash; I consider that stealing).
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-02 21:03:58 | Show all posts
Foscam? Hello? Hello?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-07-27 18:41:22 | Show all posts
Edited by tumtum at 2017-07-27 18:42

Yes, Plugin does not work, I just bought 3 Foscam camera's. I will send them back and buy other brand that works with Mac OSX. I advice anyone on Mac to stay away from Foscam. The quality is very good but just does not work on Mac.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-31 06:27:58 | Show all posts
I found this fix online and it worked for me.

You need to uninstall the old plugin before loading the new one.  You can find it in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins: it’s the bundle named fsIPCamReg.bundle.
Quit Safari, delete it, and you’re all set.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-30 17:42:43 | Show all posts
What a crock these Foscam cameras are!!!!
They can't get the plugin fixed for MAC, they won't respond to support requests and to top it off, if they even bother to respond here, they give us solutions they think will work and then vanish into the ether!

Never again will I buy a Foscam camera and you can be assured I will NEVER recommend them!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-10-07 21:50:25 | Show all posts
Hi UncleBuck,

Your reaction is completely understandable and comprehensible. I have now also given up with my foscams under a current Firefox work.

To the reaction or rather non-reaction of pages Foscam one has to write nothing more ... this is probably meaningful enough.

Greetings - Jan

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list