Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 817|Reply: 6

How to disable audio in the C1?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-08 11:18:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
In the player it's possible to mute the sound, but I need to turn the audio completely of in the C1. I couldn't find a setting in the webinterface. Is there a way to broadcast absolutely no sound?

Regards, Jigal.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-09 03:43:39 | Show all posts
Hi  Jigal,

You can adjust the volume of your camera to 0 by Foscam app, then the camera C1 will not produce the sound. Thank you.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-03-09 14:20:21 | Show all posts
Edited by Stephen at 2017-03-09 23:01

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.

I've looked in the web interface and only in the preview I can mute the sound. This is unfortunately only for the current session. If another user logs in they have sound enabled.
Can the app disable the sound from the microphone for all users and all sessions?
I connected it to xxxx.com and they get the video and audio stream via RTSP. I need to disable the audio stream in the RTSP connection.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-09 23:04:56 | Show all posts
jigal replied at 2017-03-09 14:20
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.

Hi Jigal,

1. If you someone login your camera, they can turn on the sound of your camera. So please keep your camera username and password privately and do not share with any body else.

2. Once you disabled the sound for your camera, all the user and sessions can not hear the sound, but they can turn on the sound, because they have this right.

3. If you turn off the sound, the RTSP stream will not have the sound as well. Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-03-10 10:01:16 | Show all posts
Hi Stephen,

1. I changed the admin account to a different username and a secure password. For the RTSP stream I created a different account with just visitor privileges. The webinterface can't be reached from the outside, only the RTSP port is open.

2. I can only disable the sound in the "Live Video" tab; I haven't found a setting anywhere in the "Settings" tab. If I disable the sound in the Live Video and reload the browser (I must login again) it is enabled again.

3. I logged in as the user for the RTSP stream and disabled the sound in the "Live Video" tab. The sound is still on in the RTSP stream.

Maybe I missed a setting or maybe it's not in the webinterface, but I can't find any other setting for sound other than on the "Live Video" tab.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-14 01:52:59 | Show all posts
jigal replied at 2017-03-10 10:01
Hi Stephen,

1. I changed the admin account to a different username and a secure password. For the R ...

Hi Jigal,

Can you please tell me what you want to use the RTSP stream for ? Let me check that first. Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-12 18:41:37 | Show all posts
@jigal I also cannot figure out where to disable the audio recording. I do not want to record any audio and I do not want any audio to come through the live feed.  How do I disable the microphone in the C1 camera?

I tried doing what you said above, but the audio is still found in the recordings.  I cannot find any audio settings in the settings tab of the web configuration.
I've attached a screenshot

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list