Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 10049|Reply: 33

New Firefox issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-08 06:18:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Skipinjupiter at 2017-03-08 06:18

I have been using FireFox to talk directly to my cameras.  As of 3/7/2017, the new release of Fierfox (52.0) rejects plugin's and you can't get past the sign-on screen.  I have discovered if you go back to the previous release (51.0.1), everything works fine.
I see where someone posted in January that the Beta FireFox had this issue... now that it's public it effects everyone unless you downgrade firefox.
The browsers you can use to directly address the cameras by I.P. are getting non-existant.  Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks Skip

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-08 04:44:59 | Show all posts
Edited by whosnext at 2017-06-08 06:33

This only works with plugin 2.0.x as well as plugin 3.0.x but with latest Firefox

in firefox type about:config ENTER
then accept the risk

then add a new boolean with the name plugin.load_flash_only then give it the value false restart firefox and try again.

plugin.load_flash_only;false
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-14 15:29:31 | Show all posts
I had the same problem. But following the instructions in your file : How to allow plugin run on my Firefox 52 for my Foscam camera or NVR ?    Now it's ok.     

But I do not like that sentence at the end of the document :  
''''' Note, with Firefox 53, the ability to restore NPAPI plugin support will be removed completely.
We suggest you use Internet Explore to access cameras for more stable experience and performance.'''''''

You could follow the evolution of the versions of firefox. Which is used by several thousand people
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-17 15:24:49 | Show all posts
I found a work around to this but it is not ideal.

Instead of using firefox i launched Internet Explorer (Not EDGE) by searching for internet explorer in the search bar.   At least I don't have to downgrade firefox.

IE is still in Windows 10 but you have to search for it to get it.

Nice having an old crusty relic in the closet to help out in a situation like this.

This is crap support from foscam.  Plugin support being removed from modern browsers has been coming for a long time.  They had plenty of time to prevent this.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-04-03 05:34:09 | Show all posts
Foscam better fix this damn Firefox issue quick smart. Saying to use IE is a lame and stupid response.
If we wanted to use IE then we would NOT be using Firefox.
People using an alternate browser to IE do so for a reason.

Foscam, times are moving forward you need to too!

In saying that, Mozilla should still allow the option for the customer to decide. If they want to have the plugin in enabled, then it should be their choice.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-08 10:56:47 | Show all posts
You can temporarily re-enable plugins in Firefox 52 by following the instructions listed at http://winaero.com/blog/firefox- ... s-support-disabled/ but Firefox 53 will remove that work around.

You can install the Firefox 52 ESR from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/ which won't update until early 2018, but eventually Foscam is going to have to switch to not using plugins as no browser will support them.

There's really no reason to use a plugin.  The older Foscam models didn't.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-09 04:40:02 | Show all posts
Just ran into this issue.  This stinks, as Firefox is my regular browser.  It appears that this release has dropped support for the API that the IPCam plugin uses in Firefox 52.  They claim that it is no longer needed.  Sounds like Foscam will need to update their FW if they wish to maintain support in Firefox.

Will try one of the work around for now - but do hope that the Foscam Engineers are aware of this and are working it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-09 22:57:49 | Show all posts
bp96 replied at 2017-03-09 04:40
Just ran into this issue.  This stinks, as Firefox is my regular browser.  It appears that this rele ...

Hi All,

I have tested the Foscam cameras working on Firefox 52.0 32-bit version. Please download the attachment to install into computer, then please clean the browser caches, then please try to login the camera. Thank you.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-10 13:02:19 | Show all posts
I've just tried installing it, going to Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content > Clear Now but I can't get the plug in to work (Win10 x64, Firefox 52.0 32-bit). Any ideas or do I have to do something different to clear the cache?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-10 23:35:45 | Show all posts
i have also problem
firefox 52 ..
foscam 9900
Plugins are not found, Click me to download, because firefox is stop support of NPAPI
Chrome is working with plugin
Microsoft IE EDGE dont support
IE 11 on windows 10 .. dont work also.. no plug in
i have installed lasted 3.3.0.31

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-12 14:50:52 | Show all posts
i have this same issue i only use firefox as well i have 3 fi9803's and Firefox is telling me the add on is corrupt. i have tried all of the work arounds and none seem to work. foscam can you please fix this issue with firefox

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-12 15:03:14 | Show all posts
i resolved problem by installing firefox 51.1 32bit then turning off auto updates

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-14 01:33:53 | Show all posts
Hi All, please refer to the attachment to enable the plugin to run on Firefox browser. Thank you.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-03-14 05:51:56 | Show all posts
Hm ...

i have an 64Bit Win7. IPCWebComponents installed in Programme (x86). And i will work with an older Version Firefox (V47/32Bit) as portable Version. But ... i cant work with my Foscam! Where is the plugins.xpi? to install in FF?

Greetings, Jan

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list