Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 691|Reply: 2

Disappointed of FI9828P V2 and Foscam Support

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-20 01:07:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
We recently purchased a FI9828P V2 as an evaluation device because we had the plans of installing quite a number of them at a customer side.

The cam has the newest firmware but still so it has massive focus problems and zoom problems. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. At the moment for more than a week focus and zoom does not work.

We contacted support but all they could tell us is to do a factory reset. Even though we needed a ladder to do the reset (installed high up with wifi connection) the factory reset did not do the trick to fix the problems.

Since we informed support that a factory reset did not help nobody of Foscam is answering anymore. We even offered them to pass them on the credentials to have a look themselves.

So our conclusion is that the evaluation of the Foscam failed miserably. It might be a small problem but with two weeks waiting for an answer from Foscam we cannot risk to purchase more devices from Foscam.

It is a pity since the picture quality was great - unfortunatly just for some very few days.

We will have not to pack the device and send it back since it is obviously stilll under guarantee. Due to our expierence with the bad support we will definetly never try Foscam again and go for some other brands.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2017-02-20 19:25:00 | Show all posts
I'm so sorry for your bad experience. I've contacted Foscam Customer Service to let my colleague research in this.

And we'll work harder to improve our service quality. Thank you for your feeback.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-05-10 12:00:12 | Show all posts
Same thing here with FI9828P V2
lot of focus problems
A little research on google shows that we are far from being the only ones to have the problem with this model
one exemple http://foscam.us/forum/focus-fi9828-t13620.html
The latest firmware is from 2015
The support answers as if we were the only ones to have the problem or as if they were not aware of the problem
I also wait a long time for a fix that would fix the problem but nothing!
Unfortunately if this continues I should look for another camera for the renewal of my foscams.
It's a shame.
Why is nothing done?
This is an uncorrectable hardware problem, a design flaw?
Or just a lack of firmware developpement ?

Best regards, Stephane
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list