Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 785|Reply: 10

short file name for ftp snapshot FI9900P

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-10 03:59:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone,

how can I drop the automatically added date stamp in the file name of my ftp-uploads (snapshot is used for our still-webcam)???
e.g. "NAME.jpg" instead of
"NAME_20150605-180000.jpg".

Modell FI9900P

Thanks a lot!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-10 18:57:33 | Show all posts
Edited by Stephen at 2017-01-11 00:23

Hi David, as I know, at present the file name format can not be changed manually. Please send your request to tech@foscam.com to check if they can improve it. Thank you.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-26 23:01:20 | Show all posts
I also would like the ability to shorten the file name so it overwrites the old file (no date stamp on filename).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-01-27 07:36:37 | Show all posts
It used to be, on older models, that on the FTP Service Setting screen there were four settings:

Upload Image Now
Upload Interval (Setting)
Enable Set Filename
Filename

By checking "Upload Image Now" and setting a value for "Upload Image" the camera would send snapshots to the FTP location defined on that screen. By checking "Enable Set Filename" and entering the a name for "Filename" the uploaded image would always have the same name and replace the previously uploaded snapshot.

With the "Enable Set Filename" unchecked, snapshots would be uploaded with unique filenames.

For some reason, even though the newer cameras have similar options, they function differently. I think they need to return to the older functionality that I described above. I too need a single filename without the added suffix.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-02-04 21:45:19 | Show all posts
ColdnFrosty replied at 2017-01-27 07:36
It used to be, on older models, that on the FTP Service Setting screen there were four settings:

Up ...

Hi Coldnfrosty,  As for your request, please send email to tech@foscam.com to check if their research team can import that function to FI9900P. Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-10 03:49:57 | Show all posts
Did you ever solve this just set up the unit and ran into same issue. Disappointing...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-19 14:11:50 | Show all posts
If you are familiar with PHP programming (or know someone who is) you can use a short PHP script on the server to
delete all but the newest jpg file in the directory then rename the remaining file using the first eight characters plus the .jpg extension.

For example, in the camera setup specify the file name let's say, "foscam-1.jpg" (eight characters). The script will delete all but the newest file and rename the snapshot back to foscam-1.jpg, dropping the timestamp.

To run the script when the user browses to the webcam web page, I put the script into a PHP web page named for example, prune.php. Then in the *webcam* web page open the prune.php page in an iFrame. This causes the script to execute.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-24 10:23:56 | Show all posts
Just wanted to thank you for this php snippet. Was disappointed to find out that the foscam fi9800p was lacking the feature to just output the same filename over and over, but this saved the day. I run the script via a cronjob at cron-job.org, and then will just reference the image file from whichever page I want.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-28 19:26:15 | Show all posts
Thanks; I appreciating you letting me know it helped you. I agree the camera setup should give an option to use the same file name every time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-25 23:47:11 | Show all posts
please send email to tech@foscam.com to check if their research team can import that function to FI9900P. Thank you.
click here
Environment
changing
rapidly
Nature
showing
the signs
whole
world
affected
Does UPS deliver on sunday?