Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 189|Reply: 9

Wired connection on FI9821

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-09 16:37:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my FI9821W v2.1 cameras and I cannot seem to get it to connect to my router over a wired connection (after having used it wirelessly for a couple of years).  The wireless connection works fine.  Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-08-10 04:31:36 | Show all posts
Hi Hathawa,

If the camera is connected directly to the LAN cable, so you come via the browser to the camera? But is no wireless access possible?

An update should be made whenever possible over the LAN cable. If you have however no LAN port at the camera then the PC, laptop etc. should be in the same WLAN in which the camera is also to perform an update.

I would reset the camera and re-set up. Maybe your problem has already been solved. Finally, the camera access has also already worked before.

And you're sure the camera is also in the WLAN? In the router to see? I had once a C1 which was always independently, briefly, in the router automatically logged off. It took some time until I noticed in the protocol of the router ;-)

Greetings - Jan
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-08-10 11:14:17 | Show all posts
The situation is both the camera and a laptop are both connect directly to a router by cables.  The camera does not appear to either the laptop or the router (administrative GUI).  If I unplug the lan cable from the camera (and reboot the camera by unplugging the power) then the camera will connect wirelessly and will appear at its reserved IP address.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-08-11 01:50:57 | Show all posts
Hi Hathawa,

The camera does not appear to either the laptop or the router (administrative GUI).

This is unusual. The cable is ok? Have you possibly in the router settings which prevent new registrations? Can you possibly test the camera at another place (by a friend)?

I had never had such a case as you had described. Hopefully it remains so ;-)

Greetings - Jan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-29 09:33:23 | Show all posts
Hello Hathawa,
When your camera is connected to your router via an ethernet cable, the IP address changes.
Try using the "Equipment Search Tool". Run the tool and it will locate your camera and the current IP Address.
Then you can type the IP address into your browser to access your camera.
The tool can be downloaded here https://www.foscam.com/downloads/app_software.html
Good Luck
Dave

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-08-29 20:57:39 | Show all posts
Hi Dave,

I always assume that this tool is also used or was ;-)

Greetings - Jan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-21 05:19:20 | Show all posts
In his message, the Head of state has actually claimed, On the jubilant occasion of Diwali, I share great best diwali wishes as well as cozy greetings to all my other countrymen in India and worldwide.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Diwali gift ideas for relatives So, it’s Diwali celebration, this year we will commend it on October 19, 2017. diwali Background Pictures

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
You will have to spot out the variation check using a hex editor. Specifically with wide use of Windows 7 game gamers liked Microsoft Play free mahjong titans online. <a href="http://canontechsupport.zohosites.com/">Dell Support</a>
Dell Support[[url]http://canontechsupport.zohosites.com/]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list