Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 1615|Reply: 16

Unable to ftp to camera with latest firmware

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-20 18:02:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
i updated my FI9816P cameras to the latest firmware (1.9.3.18, 2.51.2.43) and since doing so I've been unable to connect to their FTP site on port 50021 with my admin user and password or any user and password as the cameras no longer seem to be running a ftp server on port 50021.

Was this remove or changed?  How can I get files off my SD cards now without having to pull the card?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-24 12:09:03 | Show all posts
Edited by foo2016bar at 2017-06-27 09:14

The "vestigial" FTP server appears to have been removed in the latest firmware for security reasons.  I say "appears to have been removed" since the announcement says "...we have fixed a programming error that had prevented this account from being disabled", which could be interpreted as "you can re-enable it if you want".  I have not updated my camera since it's looking outside at a public location & I don't want to lose this convenient FTP access.

Previously, and perhaps currently, you could also access the SD card via the Foscam browser GUI by going to Record > SD Card Management > and clicking on the "SD Card Management" button on the resulting screen (see attached image).  This just opened an FTP window to the SD card, which you could save as a favorite.  Something like ftp://<your camera's IP>:50021/ .  I don't know if that functionality still exists in the current firmware/plugin update.  If you had previously saved that location, but burrowed down past the unique camera name ( something like ftp://<your camera's IP>:50021/IPCamera/<your camera's name>/record/), I guess it's possible the update just changed your camera's name?  It would be helpful if you or someone else who has updated to 1.9.3.18, 2.51.2.43 could report back to the community if SD card access through the Foscam browser plugin is still functioning.

See here regarding changes in the 6-15-2017 firmware:
http://www.foscam.com/important-security-firmware-announcement.html

[url=http://www.foscam.com/important-security-firmware-announcement.html][/url]

Edit: All the above info is from my experience with a C1 running System Firmware Version 1.9.3.18, Application Firmware Version 2.52.2.41, & Plug-In Version 3.3.0.31, but the information should be identical or at least similar to all Foscams that received the June 2.51.2.43 firmware update.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-30 10:37:14 | Show all posts
Edited by dkaygee at 2017-06-30 11:13

I have (4) C2 cams with System Firmware Version 1.11.1.10 and Application Firmware Version 2.72.1.48 and Plug in Version 3.3.0.32 and I can no longer FTP into the camera either. On The SD Card Management tab the SD Card Management button is greyed out and there is a message in Red that says FTP Server: [ ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50021 ]. Please use a third-party FTP client to manage SD card, such as FileZilla. However it doesn't work. It did up until this most recent update. Edit: I just found firmware version 2.72.1.49 (6/28/2017). It doesn't fix the FTP problem. I can see the recordings on the Playback tab, but I can no longer FTP into the SD Card.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-07-05 01:19:42 | Show all posts
I had the same issue with a C1 : Filezilla had no more access to SDcard ... since the last firmware upgrade (2.52.2.43)

My C1 cam was quite useless without FTP access to SDcard ...

I succeeded to flash my cam back to the previous firmware (2.52.2.41), despite security issues : Filezilla works now.

So, I really hope than Foscam will upgrade very soon their firmwares to restore SDcard management via FTP.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-01 05:58:10 | Show all posts
Hi everyone, I own a FI9831P v2 and I am not able anymore to access SD card by ftp (port 50021). How could I check my videos outside my network?
Could you kindly point me to an older firmware for my hardware?

Thank you so much.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-08-01 06:33:09 | Show all posts
Hi,

my problem was here ...

Greetings - Jan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-02 02:30:38 | Show all posts
Hi Jan,
I still am not able to access FTP by Filezilla (it worked a few weeks ago, I suspect prior to a firmware update); I use it on my Mac, so no Windows firewall possible issues.
Strange thing is that a friend of mine own the very same model with the latest update, and the SD Card Management button is present, just like the image on the upper post; my cam, on the contrary, shows a red message, telling me to use Filezilla (port 50021). Another difference is noticeable with the Foscam app (Android and iOS): on one Foscam there's the option "SD Card Video Playback", on mine there's not!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-03 08:28:46 | Show all posts
I finally was able to re-create the bug preventing the FTP access by Filezilla.
After a reboot, there is no FTP access at all with Filezilla... but, if you open Foscam's webpage, go to Settings, Record, SD Card Management, and press the "SD Card Management" button (which is greyed if you're using Safari on a Mac, so you must use Windows), then FTP port opens and all works as it should... 'till next reboot!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2017-08-03 09:26:51 | Show all posts
Yes that's right! Piovari

Greetings - Jan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-04 00:10:32 | Show all posts
I was able to contact Foscam: they confirmed me that with the last firmware update, for security reasons, FTP internal server starts after the "SD Card Management" button has been pressed once after a reboot of the cam.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list