Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 409|Reply: 4

R2 loses SD card

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-16 04:38:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, I have two R2 cameras and they both lose the SD card again and again. The camera status says "no SD card installed". After rebooting the camera, it is Ok for a while but after a while SD card does not work.

SD cards are of good quality (known manufacturer). Tried upgrading the R2s to the latest release but the problem is not solved.

Any help?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-17 16:23:09 | Show all posts
Edited by chance at 2017-06-17 16:27

Never seen it happening on any R2 cameras and all different SD brand, works flawless, definitely not related with the FW but probably with the SD card.
I would suggest you to try the SD card on other devices for a while and check if the same symptom also happens.

What SD brand/model and capacity is?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-19 00:28:01 | Show all posts
Hello, SD cards are INTENSO microSDHC 64GB Class 10.

Please note that same card used in FI9828P I have and never shows any problems.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-19 03:42:28 | Show all posts
Similar issue.
2 new R2 cameras that both randomly lose SD card connection.   I use the cameras for overnight monitoring.   
One night one camera recorded  motion the entire night (yea!)  and the other recorded nothing (boo).
The next night both cameras recorded until midnight and then both stopped.
One night one camera recorded until 3am and then stopped.
I've tried multiple microSD cards, all of which have  worked without issue on other cams.   
I check the R2 setting each night and both cameras are recognizing the microSD cards.  
This morning when I  checked the motion captures one microSD card had detected no motion (in a busy room)  and the other reported that the microSD card needed to be formatted.   

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-20 15:56:43 | Show all posts
There's no way to debug the issue, since there's no syslog available on the camera FW, unless you check dmesg via Telnet or serial cable.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list