Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 962|Reply: 17

iPhone application fails to connect to camera

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-05-11 00:31:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a FI9900P camera connected to my home network via wi-fi and I'm trying to connect to it using the iPhone app.

When my phone is off the home network, i.e. using mobile data, I can add the camera and connect to it. It all works fine, so I'm confident the port forwarding rules in the router are all OK. However, as soon as I exit from the app then launch it again, it fails to connect to the previously defined camera. It searches for a while then I get the "failed to connect" message. If I delete the camera then re-add it, it works again for that session, but again fails to connect the next time I try. In the preview window, it shows "OFF" in the top right corner of the camera preview window.

Obviously, I don't want to delete and re-add the camera every time I want to access it remotely from my iPhone.

When my phone is connected to the home network, i.e. accessing the camera over wi-fi, it finds the camera and it works every time.

I also tried the Android app and it behaves in exactly the same way.

When adding the camera, I use the DDNS name, i.e. http://......myfoscam.org and port 88.

I sent an email to technical support but their answer was not great - try resetting the camera or use a web browser on a PC! There's a reason I want to use the iPhone app - I won't have access to a PC.

Hoping someone can help.

Doug

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-05-11 01:15:19 | Show all posts
BTW I just downloaded the Foscam Pro iPhone app from SynapticEdge and it connects fine every time, so I know it's possible. However, I can't view the video recordings on the SD card using this app. So I'd still like to get Focam's own iPhone app to work if possible.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-05 13:11:50 | Show all posts
An app upgrade was recently released to the App Store. I suggest trying the newest version of the app. There are many bug fixes and improvements...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-10 13:49:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have the same problem, and I have the lady version if the Foscam app. Do you have nat idea ti solve this problem?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-10 13:51:36 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sorry for the english, but I wrote from mi iPhone. So, I have the last version of the app but I have the same problem. Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-12 06:57:43 | Show all posts
Edited by chance at 2017-06-12 06:59

You are probably running it on iPhone 4S right?

That issue was reported to FOSCAM with all details (videos included on several different 4S running iOS9) 1 year ago and they simply ignored it and stopped replying, FOSCAM support is just a disgrace, all they care is to sell products, nothing else.
http://foscam.us/forum/foscam-ip ... support-t19869.html

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-18 23:51:34 | Show all posts
I have the same problem. I have an iPhone 6.
Can someone from  Foscam please find a fix for our problem?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-20 02:32:41 | Show all posts
Foscam, please feel free to answer....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-08 04:32:58 | Show all posts
I have same problem I believe.
The Foscam app on my Iphone 7 (iOS 10.3.3) never connects unless I am in my house on my own wifi network. Otherwise it just keeps trying to connect and never does. I am able to connect on a computer outside my network via the IP address so port forwarding is setup and working OK.
Foscam please help!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-09 12:35:03 | Show all posts
Edited by Samuro at 2017-09-09 12:38

Hello guys,

this is not a problem with the iPhone version or the foscam app.

The reason why you have problems with external connections are the foscam servers or third party servers.

I use the foscam app on an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPhone 7, also on an iPad pro.
First of all i had also problems with external connections.

As i wrote in other threads i have years of experiences with It and networks.

So now i stop the bla bla and try to help you all.

Please tell me on which way do you try to connect to your camera from external?

DDNS, P2P?
The thread opener wrote he tries to connect to his camera per DDNS.

You guys need to know there are 2 differences:

P2P = you need no port forwarding, but your camera must be allowed to open TCP and UDP connections to external servers. There are many suspect connections, foscam never told why the camera must be connected to "VIP thai club" IP address in thailand which has a facebook account about cars, has nothing to do with servers...

DDNS = you need port forwarding and a no IP dns server. I reccomend to just open port 443! If you have not change the https port in your camera settings.

If you have any questions about these two methods please let me know.

But i really can tell you your problems has something to do with your local network and your settings.

So before you proceed with other things, check your port forwarding for DDNS or check if your camera has full internet access!

Cheers,

Samuro

[EDIT] @Doug: for your problem i recommend for you to use an other DDNS server / service. I had also massively connection drops with the default foscam DDNS server.

When i had these drops i've pinged the foscam DDNS server and.. what surprise.. it was offline.
It seems they are very unstable.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list