Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Foscam BBS

Search
View: 890|Reply: 1

Setting up Push Notifications with MyFoscam

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-09-18 12:40:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by HKnobbe at 2016-09-18 12:42

Hi there!
A few days ago I tried to setup my iPhone for Push Notifications with the MyFoscam Cloudservice, however this wasn't as easy as I thought.. There are a few things you need to know/do before it actually works. And to save you the time and trouble I made this small tutorial:

Important: you WILL need an paid subscription on the cloud storage to get the push notifications!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to check before continuing:

a. You have updated your cameras to firmware version 2.54.2.5 or higher.
b. Check if the Push Message to the Phone is enabled on the camera settings.
c. Works with cameras produced after 2013 (see full list on myfoscam.com).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. It starts with creating an account on myfoscam.com.
2. After you created your account and logged in it's time to add your camera's, on the start screen you'll see a box with on the right a button:

3. After you clicked this the wizard for adding camera's will guide you through the setup (repeat this for every camera).
4. After you added all your cameras you will need to buy the cloud storage, this can be done by clicking on the "Purchase Cloud Recording" button underneath the Live view.

5. Once the purchase is completed you will need to go to your camera and set up Motion Detection if you haven't already! This can be done on the settings page of your camera.

6. Once in the Motion Detection settings page you need to enable it and set it up as wished. Now comes an important step that caused all my trouble (because I controlled my cameras via my Foscam mini NVR); you need to ENABLE the option "Push message to phone". Sounds like something simple; however the NVR doesn't show this option; and nowhere on the internet does anybody talk about this setting..

7. Save options and repeat for other cameras.

I hope this helped you save some time and made your setup somewhat easier.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-08-29 09:35:12 | Show all posts
I had no idea that you had to have a paid cloud subscription to enable the push notifications!!!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list